Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Routh Talks Steel



I grew up thinking Superman was pretty cool, then I got a little bit older and came to think that Superman sucked. My world and thoughts on Superman changed when I saw Superman Returns. I found it to be one of the best moviegoing experiences of my life. I remember sitting, staring at the theater screen in complete awe. In saying that you can only imagine my excitement when I read a recent interview with Brandon Routh, from comingsoon.net about the upcoming Man of Steel movie, which he stars. According to Routh he is hopes that the movie will contain more Clark Kent and the humor he bring along to the story. I'm not sure how I feel about Clark Kent being any more funny than he already is. I think that as of now they have a pretty good balance between humor and seriousness. We can expect a new villain and for Superman to throw some punches at that villain. Routh also expressed that he hopes the new movie will strengthen the friend relationship between Louis and Clark, making them "buddies" again. Routh didnt have much to say on a Justice League project but he is now more accepting to the idea of a Batman and Superman collaboration in a single movie so long as they are teaming up and not working against eachother.
We can also expect Routh in an upcoming movie called Dead of Night, where he will play Dylan Dog, a nightmare investigator who gets caught up in dealings with zombies, werewolves, and Vampires.

Man of Steel should start filming early next year.
comingsoon.net has the full interview here.

No comments:


Contributors